Do you know the fact that almost 18 hurricanes on Average strike the United States every decade? According to NHC, these storms make huge damage, taking lives and destroying homes and buildings. According to the Florida Division of Emergency Management, 77 Percent of the hurricane damages occur to the roofs and sometimes they create a life-threatening situation.
We understand that the Roof Repair, Even Deciding on what material to use for making roof can cause considerable stress. Probably on the ROIs. Here are 10 steps that will help to protect and increase your roof life dramatically.
- Start by checking from inside of your house. Any dark or browning spots, or blistering or bubbling paint on the ceilings; these are the indicators for the water damage.
- Now, move on to the loft. Most probably on a sunny day; you’ll see any sign of sunlight passing through the worn or broken shingles.
- Move outside your roof. First and the most important thing to consider is safety. If you’re comfortable with heights, view your roof using a ladder, preferably with someone to assist you. If it is not workable for you, call a roofing maintenance professional.
- Dark Patches or lines likely mean damage. If the roof is visibly damaged, ensure sealant isn’t cracking or peeling away.
- Now the next part will be the chimney. It’s important to check if the flashing isn’t peeled away.
- What about moss? For that, you need to identify the difference between algae spots and moss. Moss typically is more problematic because it holds more water than algae.
- Cleaning the gutters is also an important job. Especially around spring and autumn when the accumulation of debris is high. This can lead to accumulation of water and will end up soaking into the roof.
- Why not install a gutter brush? They are designed to keep debris out of the guttering system very easily and efficiently.
- Are there any overhanging trees? Branches that lead directly to your roof. That could be one of a problematic area. So keep branches trimmed away and about 10 ft away from your roof.
- Final tip: Your first thoughts should always be about safety. If you don’t have the proper tools and safety equipment and clothing and some experience. Please contact a professional for help.
Being prepared can potentially save you a fortune and significantly decrease your Maintenance cost. Your roofs might have small problems for now but it can turn into an expensive problem if not repaired.
Don’t forget to protect:
Your home and the things inside are replaceable. But your family isn’t. Having a safety plan in hand including a better shelter starts with a better roof. So if you need some peace of mind. Let us have a conversation about what might be the correct and everlasting material of your roof.
Visit our website at //highperformanceres75034.dev12.sociusinc.com/hprtexas.com to fill out a contact form today!