How to find a roof leak which is almost invisible to bare eyes?Aug 25, 2018
Challenges for homeowners
Roof leaks present multiple challenges for homeowners. They never occur at a time which is a good thing, but in a long run, they can lead to significant damage to your home interiors. This can be a problem for a long time after the repair. So, how do find a roof leak?
Sometimes, determining how to find a roof leak can be a greater challenge. The problem is that the leak appears in those places which is away from the problem area. This leads to frustration for the homeowner who is attempting to repair it by himself. You may like to read about Signs you may have a roof leak before starting on this one.
How to find out the source of the leak?
The location of the source of the roof leak is not an exact science. It is a process of elimination. There are several factors of the roof leak that might result in one specific problem associated with your roof. We recommend following these steps to find out the problem area:
1) Stick to the basics first, Go in the attic with a flashlight during heavy rain / moderate rain. If possible, use a garden hose to make artificial rain that completely wets the roof from above.
2) The area where the ceiling is wet must be carefully examined, especially the roof decking and rafter.
3) Follow the Rafters and roof decking at the highest point, and clean your hands with a cloth wherever possible.
4) Measure the Distance of the highest peak from inside.
5) When the roof is dry, the Next step is to measure the same distance from the top of the roof.
6) Clearly, you can see the source of the leak. If you can’t, Continue to look up at the higher point. Since the water can run down behind the shingles, which is hard to find out.
The above steps are designed to cover up the entire problem area which is to be fixed, mainly by simple repair or replacement. However, you need to be sure that you are able to do this at a safety level which depends upon the steepness of the roof.
Leak Sources Other Than Your Roof
There are only a few choices for this, first is that you can do it by yourself or you can hire a professional roofing contractor to find a roof leak. He can determine the root cause of the leak easily. He may charge you some diagnostic fees, so, to avoid that, you can check for a few common problems:
- Look for Plumbing Leaks
- Check Air conditioner Pipes
- Infestation by pests
For an Effective Roof Leak Repair
Determining the root cause of the leak can be the best remedy for any kind of roof repair. It is important to prepare yourself beforehand to ensure that this cannot turn into something bigger. Here is an article you may find helpful for the Repair or replacement of roofs. Call an expert to know what has to be done to save both your time and money in the repair or replacement of faulty roofs.
Visit our website at hprtexas.com to fill out a contact form today!
Best roof repair Frisco TX
6500 Preston Rd #201
Frisco, TX 75034