The windows in your home or business can only last so long – and when it’s time for a replacement, you need to work with a contractor you can trust. Because you’ll see the windows from both the inside and outside of your home, and because they need to be functional for safety reasons (and for ventilation), it’s important that you get the best quality products and the best quality installation.
Check out these five signs you need new windows in your home or business:
- You hear a lot of noise from outside. Sometimes when window seals start to degrade, you’ll start hearing a lot of outdoor noise inside your home or business. Often, the solution is to get new windows with more than one pane, which can block out more noise.
- You feel drafts inside. If you’re feeling drafts while your windows are closed, it’s a sure sign that something’s wrong. The windows may have been installed poorly or the seals may be faulty. It’s important to address drafts right away because usually, they make your HVAC system work harder to maintain the right temperature in your space.
- Your window frames are damaged. Window frames that are soft to the touch or are chipped need to be replaced – those are symptoms of wood rot. If they haven’t already started sagging, they will soon, and you probably need new windows.
- The windows are difficult to open, close or lock. When windows are tough to open, close or lock, there’s a good chance they were installed improperly or that they’re rusting or rotting.
- You see condensation between panes or there are cracks in the glass. If condensation is building up between the panes of glass in your window, it means your seals are failing (or have failed completely). The insulating gas used to make your windows energy efficient has escaped, so they need to be replaced.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Windows?
The cost of new windows varies based on the types of windows you choose and how many you’re replacing. Some windows are incredibly cost-effective, particularly when you consider energy savings. For example, we use Anlin Window Systems, which are available in a wide range of styles and sizes.
Do You Need New Windows?
If you think you may need new windows in your home or business, call us right away. We’ll send a professional to your home for a free estimate as soon as you’re available.